candi-lynn-riding-hood-

6.08.2005

high-tech redneck

well i guess i'm movin up in the computer world, i officially have a blog. i don't know why, i really just accidentally found a friend's and thought, huh, i could write some stuff that doesn't really mean anything to anybody but me, too. so ... where do i start? for some reason, it seems like this would be a great place to vent about my frustrations with the incredibly over-bureaucratic IDP process or share my liberal opinions about politics and the ways of the world, or at least the ways i think things should be. maybe later. for now, i actually am pretty busy at my job as an "architect intern" although the definition of "busy" is becoming synonymous with sitting behind a desk spending more time drawing infinite blue and red lines in PowerCADD than checking cnn.com for news updates. there's just something so tempting about that little blue e representing an escape to the outside world from my 5'x5' cubicle. i can't hardly help but drag my cursor to that vicinity of my desktop every 30 mintues or so. don't get me wrong, i like my job, and i am very grateful that i have it, i think it's just a psychological tension between the need for both vacation and productivity. ahhh, life in the "real world".

4 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger trinity said…

    candi!

    i'm so glad to see you join the world of bloggers! it's a really great way to keep up with people.

    i'll check back often (because i know all-too-well about the blue e of 'escape')

    trinity

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger brooklynwife said…

    ditto to what trinity said,i look forward to reading you.

    and i totally relate about work. even though i like my firm, i'm not sure i can see myself spending eternity clicking away at CAD. this internship thing can be so frustrating.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger trinity said…

    i'm guessing your papaw added the "davis" to the end in the last few years? =)

    will you guys beat me if i say that i miss autocad?

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger candi said…

    hi trinity, actually, davis was original, i think he's in denial to change it to adams. nothin against ryan, just a papaw thing. great to hear from you, and murrye too! sometimes, i miss school, not so sure about autocad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home